One of India's most renowned and historic holidays, Raksha Bandhan, is quickly approaching. The festival of brotherhood and the close relationship between siblings is observed during the day of the full moon in the month of Sravan. Every year on this day, it is usual for girls and women to tie a rakhi, a sacred thread symbolising the relationship of a brother and sister and his commitment to always protect her, on the wrists of their brothers.
And what does Rakhi call for? A new outfit, a pretty pair of shoes, a little bit of decorations around the house and you're ready to dive deep in the festivities!
There are ample number of things to keep in mind before choosing an outfit as even though it's a festival, we treat it rather casually, so anything too blingy doesn't work for rakhi. Secondly, it's important to choose a skin-friendly outfit as the day is packed with tens of thousands of chores and donning anything that suffocates you a tiny inch is not at all a great idea.
Does that put you into a state of mindless scrolling to hunt for the best outfit you can find?
Relax your shoulders cuz we got you covered, ladies!
- Rose buds on Black Kaftan Kurta: If you're looking for a kaftan set that'll help you jump,twirl and swirl around, this could be on your wishlist as it's not only extremely comfortable and easy on the skin, it also adds grace to your persona once you add some accessories to it. To find more kaftan tops online, reach our website.
- Saffron Cotton Short Kurti: Who doesn't enjoy an ethnic print on a day of festivities and desi fun? Add this kurti to your cart and pair it with culottes, leggings or denims or whichever bottom works for you. As the kurti is adorned with bold prints, it's safe to say minimal accessories would carve the best look out of this kurti. Simplicity has always been the key!
- Butterflies on Light Green Kaftan: Talk of comfort and the angels ring the bell at your doorstep! Here's an idea right out of heaven- cotton kaftans for women are underhyped! The most advantageous point to the silhouette of kaftans is it can be worn on a beachy vacation and on a haldi ceremony too! So get yourself some studded earrings to go with this beautiful pastel ensemble and run around like a free bird. (:
- Fish Mimosa on Blue Midi Kaftan- Hear me out- Kaftan but shorter! Don't believe me? Take a look at this picture of the most gorgeous midi kaftan in town. Indian kaftan dresses are worth the hype and so will it be on your Instagram feed too!
- Stripes on Maroon Co-ord Set: This coord set is for those of you who can't step out of their room without a dash of sparkle! Don this beautifully flowing coord set and accessorize it up to light diyas as you enter the room.
That's my curated list to help you choose an outfit yet not spend more than 10 minutes on it.
Which one are you taking home?