Your connection with yourself determines the norms by which you conduct yourself in all areas of life, including your career, friendships, and romantic encounters. I believe that connecting with and genuinely embracing oneself is the best way to overcome the single life blues.
Self-love is a strong force that will have a good impact on every area of your life. Never again will you give in to your inner critic, listen to that voice that tells you that you're not good enough, or settle for less. Your ability to love yourself will enable you to make wise choices that are in your best interests. It involves much more than just taking a bubble bath, doing daily meditation, and feeding your body high vibrational foods. Think of yourself like a tree. You are the trunk, and there are ten branches coming off of you.
- Self-Awareness: This has to do with being conscious of your standards and values. Please take note that we are NOT talking about expectations here; rather, we are talking about standards. Standards are loving ideas, whereas expectations are egotistical, fear-based beliefs. Knowing our value and what we would and won't compromise for are examples of standards.
- Self-Acceptance: Low levels of self-acceptance are common. There are numerous potential causes for this, but one commonly recognised explanation is that individuals with poor self-acceptance may have grown up with parents who lacked empathy since we establish our self-esteem in part from others' appreciation of us. As a result, in comparison to other individuals, they can require considerably more confirmation from others throughout their adult life.
It is necessary to love and accept every trait of yours unconditionally.
- Self-Care: Building resilience against those pressures in life that you cannot avoid requires self-care. You'll be better able to live your best life once you've taken care of your body and mind. Sadly, a lot of individuals see self-care as a luxury rather than a necessity. As a result, they are left feeling overburdened, worn out, and unable to deal with life's inevitable obstacles.
In order to make sure you are taking care of your mind, body, and spirit, it is crucial to evaluate how you are taking care of your nourishment, nutrition, sleep and various such arenas.
- Self-Compassion: Treat yourself like you would treat a dear one even if they have royally screwed up in life. It’s important to find a confidant in yourself who is happy being a support more than a critic. As much as criticizing is a part of your regime, it’s detrimental to mental health and often restricts you from feeling good about yourself even after a major accomplishment.
- Self Expression: Everyone other than us has an idea of who we are based on how we share and communicate with others, and this idea sets the tone for the rest of our life. It's an important component of life to consider, especially if you want to feel more connected to and understood by the people you care about. Self-expression is the process through which we communicate who we are, and there are a variety of methods to achieve so. There aren't many "bad" methods to communicate yourself, but there are several actions you may do that increase your likelihood of being heard and understood more than others.
No matter what you do and where you are, always SPEAK YOUR TRUTH!
While you work on these 5 practices, we will be back with the rest 5 branches and how to practice each!
Remember, it’s a journey of waking up everyday and choosing to put your own progress above everything else. :)